Conditions of Use
- Use of the DASH and QuickDASH, without charge, including the use of the translated versions of the DASH and QuickDASH on this website, is limited to clinicians using them only for treatment or assessment of a patient, to researchers using them only for non-commercially related research and to other not-for-profit users.
- The instruments may not be sold or incorporated into a product to be sold, by anyone.
- The instruments may not under any circumstances, be changed in any way as even minor changes may alter performance.
- Any other use requires advance written permission from the Institute for Work & Health and requires strict compliance with all conditions attached to such permission including payment in some cases.
- Those who wish to use a translated version of the DASH and/or QuickDASH may wish also to notify the translator as provided on the DASH website: DASH translations.
- Copyright in the DASH Outcome Measure and the QuickDASH is the sole property of the Institute for Work & Health, which reserves all rights in connection therewith. Users must give credit to the developers when using or referencing any DASH tool. If using a translated version of the DASH/QuickDASH, translators should also be acknowledged.
Note: If you are unsure whether your intended use falls within the above Conditions of Use, please complete and submit a DASH/QuickDASH User Profile form and a response will be provided.
The DASH Outcome Measure and the QuickDASH are the property of the Institute for Work & Health (IWH). These instruments were jointly developed by the Institute for Work & Health and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS). The project was supported by the American Association for Hand Surgery, the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, the American Shoulder & Elbow Surgeons, the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, the Arthroscopy Association of North America and the American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons.
The DASH is currently administered by the Institute for Work & Health.
If you have read and understand these conditions, please click on the links below to download the documents
DASH Outcome Measure (PDF – 127k)
QuickDASH (PDF - 118k)